When most people think of nachos, they think of a tray of chips covered in cheese and meats. However, there are endless possibilities when it comes to creating this popular dish. In this post, we will show you how to make Peach Cobbler Nachos–a dessert version that is perfect for any occasion. So gather your ingredients and get ready to wow your friends and family!
Peach Cobbler Nachos Recipe
FOR THE CHIPS
- 2 Tbsp vegetable oil canola or coconut can be substituted (or spray oil)
- 10 6- inch flour tortillas cut into 6 or 8 chips
- 4 Tbsp granulated sugar
- ½ Tbsp ground cinnamon
FOR THE FRUIT
- 1 cup water
- 1 Tbsp fresh lemon juice
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- ¼ cup cornstarch
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- ⅛ Tsp ground cinnamon
- ⅛ Tsp pumpkin pie spice
- 10 or 16 ounce package of frozen peaches defrosted & chopped. (5 to 6 large peaches that have been peeled, pitted, & chopped)
- Caramel sauce, whipped cream, or ice cream if desired
For the chips
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F. Brush or spray oil over both sides of the tortillas. Combine cinnamon and sugar and sprinkle evenly over tortillas.
- Lay wedges in a single layer on one or two cookie sheets. Bake for 10 to 12 minutes or until tortillas are lightly browned and crisp. Remove from oven and allow to cool.(Once completely cool, chips can be stored in an airtight container for up to 2 days.)
For the peaches
- In a large saucepan over medium heat, stir together the water, lemon juice, sugar, and cornstarch. Cook until thickened and bubbly, around 5 minutes.
- Once it becomes bubbly, Add the peaches and cook for another 3 minutes making sure to stir consistently. Remove the pan from the heat and stir in the vanilla extract, cinnamon, and pumpkin pie spice. Mix until everything is combined.Cool slightly then build your nachos. Or, store in the refrigerator for a few days. Reheat and build nachos.
Build your nachos
- Spread the chips on a plate or tray. Spoon peach filling over the chips. Top with caramel sauce, whipped cream, and/or ice cream. Serve immediately.
FAQs about Peach Cobbler Nachos
Sweet Basil’s Cafe hopes you enjoyed this recipe for Peach Cobbler Nachos. They are the perfect sweet and savory treat for any occasion! If you’d like to try making them yourself, be sure to check out the full recipe on our website. Thanks for reading, and have a great day!
This article was originally posted on Liliana Kitchen but Liliana Kitchen is being acquired by Sweet Basil’s Cafe and all lilianakitchen.com content is copyrighted by cafesweetbasils.com