Strawberry Crunch Pound Cake
Welcome to my blog! I am excited to share my latest recipe with you-Strawberry crunch pound cake. With a delicious strawberry flavor and a crispy crunchy topping, it’s sure to be a hit with everyone. Plus, it’s easy to make – perfect for any occasion.
Nothing is quite as satisfying as the smell of a freshly-baked pound cake wafting through your home. The delightful combination of butter, sugar and vanilla extract can bring a happy smile to any face. But when we add juicy strawberries into this traditional dessert recipe, it creates an inviting aroma like no other! This strawberry crunch pound cake recipe is going to take your taste buds on an unforgettable journey – the perfect mix of crunchy texture and sweet strawberry flavor topped off with powdered sugar for an extra punch of sweetness.
How To Make Strawberry Crunch Pound Cake
Strawberry crunch pound cake is an extraordinary dessert that can be enjoyed at any time of the year. This unique recipe combines buttery pound cake with sweet strawberries and crunchy bits of graham crackers for an unforgettable, scrumptious treat. Look no further than this delectable, creamy concoction for an effortless dessert your family will absolutely love!
For those with a craving for something sweet, homemade strawberry crunch pound cake is the perfect treat. It requires just 12-15 main ingredients and can easily be put together in no time.
Ingredients Needed For The Cake:
- Shortening: 1/2 cup
- Butter (softened): 2 sticks
- Sugar: 2 (1/2) Cups
- Package Instant Vanilla Pudding: 1 (3 oz.)
- Package of Strawberry Jello: 1 (3 oz.)
- Eggs: 5
- Milk: 1 Cup
- Flour: 3 Cups
- Salt: 1/2 teaspoon
- Baking powder: 1 Teaspoon
Ingredients For The Cream Cheese Frosting:
- Butter: 2 tablespoons
- Instant Vanilla Pudding: 1 (3 oz.) Package
- Strawberry Jello: 1 (3 oz.) Package
- Flour: 1 teaspoon
Ingredients For The Topping:
- Package cream cheese (Softened): 1 (8 oz.)
- Marshmallow Fluff: 8-10 oz. Ounces
How To Make The Pound Cake:
1. Preheat the oven to 300 degrees Fahrenheit and grease a 9-inch by 13-inch pan.
2. In a medium bowl, cream together the butter and shortening with an electric mixer until light and fluffy.
3. Slowly add in the sugar, one cup at a time, beating well after each addition.
4. Add in the vanilla pudding, strawberry jello and eggs. Mix until well combined.
5. In a separate bowl, combine the flour, salt and baking powder. Slowly add this to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined.
6. Pour into the greased pan and bake for 30-35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
7. Allow to cool completely (about 10-15 minutes) before frosting.
How To Make The Cream Cheese Frosting:
1. In a medium bowl, cream together the butter (2 tbsp) and pudding (1 package) mix until light and fluffy.
2. Slowly add in the strawberry jello (1 package), one tablespoon at a time, beating well after each addition.
3. Add in the flour and mix until just combined.
4. Spread the frosting over the cooled pound cake and set aside.
How To Make The Topping:
1. In a medium bowl, cream together the cream cheese and marshmallow fluff until light and fluffy.
2. Spread this mixture over the frosted pound cake and sprinkle with graham cracker crumbs.
3. Place in the refrigerator for 1-2 hours before serving.
And there you have it! Now that you know how to make my Strawberry Crunch Pound Cake, all that’s left to do is enjoy every last bite of this decadent dessert!
Video How To Make This Cake
How To Store
Strawberry Crunch Pound Cake can be stored in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 4 days. If you need to store it for longer you can keep it in the fridge for up to 2 week.
FAQs about Strawberry Crunch Pound Cake
What is strawberry crunch cake made of?
I made this cake recipe using a simple cake recipe where I separate the batter into two flavors and swirl them together. To make the strawberry crunch crumble, I pulsed together freeze-dried strawberries and vanilla sandwich cookies together in a blender, added some butter, and pulsed until the mixture began to look like coarse crumbs. If you don’t have a blender, you can add the ingredients to a plastic bag and use a rolling pin to hit the bag until everything is crumbly. Finally, add the melted butter.
Can I use fresh strawberries for the crumble?
Yes, you can replace the freeze-dried strawberries with fresh ones. Just mince them very finely before adding to the dry ingredients and follow the same instructions as above.
Can I use a boxed cake mix for the cake in this recipe?
Yes, you can use a boxed cake mix for this recipe. Just follow the instructions on the box and substitute the strawberry jello for another flavor that would pair better with your cake mix. The cream cheese frosting and crumble topping will stay the same.
My Strawberry Crunch Pound Cake is a delicious dessert that is sure to be a hit with all your family and friends. Not only does it look amazing, but the combination of sweet pound cake and crunchy strawberry crumble topping tastes divine! With minimal effort, you can make this show-stopping dessert in your very own kitchen. Sweet Basil’s Cafe hopes this blog post has inspired you to get in the kitchen and start baking!
Strawberry Crunch Pound Cake Recipe
For the cake
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 2 sticks butter (softened)
- 2 (1/2) cup sugar
- 1 package Instant Vanilla Pudding 3 oz
- 1 packagep Strawberry Jello 3 oz
- 5 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 3 cup flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
Strawberry crunch topping
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 package Instant Vanilla Pudding 3 oz.
- 1 package Strawberry Jello 3 oz.
- 1 tsp flour
For the frosting:
- 1 package cream cheese ( Softened ) 8 oz.
- 8-10 oz. Ounces Marshmallow Fluff
- Preheat the oven to 300 degrees F. Grease and flour a 9 x 13 inch baking pan.
- In a large bowl, cream together the shortening, butter and sugar until light and fluffy.
- Add the instant vanilla pudding mix, strawberry jello mix and eggs, one at a time; beating well after each addition.
- Gradually add in the milk and mix until combined.
- In a separate bowl, sift together the flour, salt and baking powder; then add to the wet ingredients, stirring until just blended.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 30 minutes. Let cool for 10 -15 minutes before turning out onto a wire rack to cool completely.
The cream frosting cheese
- In a large bowl, combine the butter and instant pudding mix; beat until light and fluffy.
- Add in the strawberry jello and flour; beat until combined.
- Spread the frosting over cooled cake.
- In a medium bowl, combine the cream cheese and marshmallow fluff; beat until light and fluffy.
- Spread over frosted cake, sprinkle with graham cracker crumbs and chill for 3 hours before cutting into slices and serving.
- For an even sweeter treat, add a few tablespoons of strawberry jam to the cream cheese frosting before spreading over the pound cake.
- Top the cake with fresh strawberries for an added flavor and colorful presentation.
- If you don’t have graham crackers on hand, try using other crunchy cereals such as Corn Flakes or Fruity Pebbles.
- Make sure the pound cake is completely cooled before adding the frosting and topping! This will help to ensure that your dessert stays soft and creamy.
This article was originally posted on Liliana Kitchen but Liliana Kitchen is being acquired by Sweet Basil’s Cafe and all lilianakitchen.com content is copyrighted by cafesweetbasils.com