Cucumbers are a great way to get in some added nutrition, but they can be pretty boring if you’re just eating them raw. This air fried cucumber recipe is a great way to jazz up this healthy vegetable and make it more interesting. Plus, it’s a really easy recipe that doesn’t require any special ingredients. Just slice up your cucumbers, toss them in the air fryer, and enjoy!
Air Fried Cucumber Recipe
- 1 Air Fryer
- 3 Cucumbers (Medium)
- 2 Eggs
- 1 cup Milk
- 1 cup Italian bread crumbs
- ¼ cup Flour
- Salt and Pepper (Optional)
- Cucumbers should be washed and have both ends cut off. Rub the cucumber's ends together until a little froth appears. This aids in removing bitterness.
- Sliced with the rind (skin) still on, at a thickness of 1/4 inch.
- In a bowl with milk, whisk the eggs until well combined. Your spice and flour mixture is now in a separate bowl.
- Add the meal and cook it at 390 degrees for around 15 minutes when the Air Fryer is ready.
- Put the cucumbers in the milk and egg mixture. After that, add the breadcrumbs before adding the item to the air fryer.
- Until golden brown, cook. After full cooking, season to taste with salt and pepper.
- To prevent overcrowding, only cook one layer of cucumbers at a time.
- Feel free to add seasoning or herbs to the cucumbers before air frying for extra flavor.
- Serve with ketchup, ranch dressing, or your favorite dip.
FAQs about Air Fried Cucumber
Are cucumbers good in the air fryer?
You wouldn’t think to air fry cucumbers because they are mostly water. However, air-frying cucumbers is a great way to add some crispiness to them without using much oil. The air fryer circulates hot air around the cucumber slices and creates a crispy exterior.
How long does it take to dehydrate cucumbers in an air fryer?
If you wanted more like dehydrated cucumber chips you could add garlic powder and onion powder. Slice with a mandolin slicer and spray the outsides with oil. Dry and crisp in the air fryer at 400 degrees F for about 6 minutes, flip halfway until crisp.
Can you saute cucumbers like zucchini?
Peel the cucumber, and cut it into large chunks. In a skillet, melt butter over medium heat. Add cucumber and salt, and cook, tossing occasionally, until tender, about 5 minutes. Serve sprinkled with dill or parsley.
Can you eat cucumber skin?
You can eat the peel of cucumber. In fact, it will add fiber and vitamin A to your diet. Just be sure to wash the cucumber first. When you shop for cucumbers, skip ones that are yellow, puffy, or have sunk-in areas, bulges, or wrinkled ends.
How can cucumbers be cooked?
To prevent cucumbers from becoming mushy when cooked, stick with quick-cooking methods like sautéing and stir-frying, tossing them with oil in a hot skillet or wok. (Cook time is less of a concern if you plan to puree them into soups.)
Sweet Basil’s Cafe hope this post has inspired you to try air-frying some of your own recipes. The cucumbers turned out great and we think they would be a perfect addition to any summer picnic or potluck. Overall, air frying cucumbers they are a healthier option than frying in oil. Air frying also leaves a crispy texture, which is a nice change of pace from traditional fried cucumbers. Thank you for reading and if you have any questions about the recipe or how to air fry, please leave us a comment below.
This article was originally posted on Liliana Kitchen but Liliana Kitchen is being acquired by Sweet Basil’s Cafe and all lilianakitchen.com content is copyrighted by cafesweetbasils.com