Today, not one but two talented chefs are behind the stove for Météo à la carte! Michel Chabran and his son Louis prepare free-range chicken with chanterelles and good potato pancakes.
2 poultry supremes
Galette with potatoes
1. Season the raw poultry with salt and pepper and then wrap it in film
2. Immerse the chicken ballottines in water at 62° for 45 minutes (You can brown the chicken directly in a pan)
3. Finish cooking the chicken in a pan with a drizzle of olive oil with garlic, rosemary and thyme
4. Drizzle everything with butter
The potato pancake
1. Peel the potatoes
Chef’s tip: Wipe only the potatoes to preserve the potato starch
2. Grate the potatoes using a mandolin
3. Add the grated potatoes, garlic, parsley, olive oil, salt and pepper to a container
4. Place the preparation in a cookie cutter to cook the pancake in a pan over medium heat for 3-4 minutes
Chef’s tip: For more deliciousness, cook the chanterelles in a pan with olive oil and garlic.
5. Prepare and enjoy these poultry supremes accompanied by the potato pancakes.
Chef: Louis Chabran