Do you love meatballs, but hate how greasy they can be? Well, say hello to your new favorite cooking method – the air fryer! Air frying is a great way to cook frozen meatballs without having to use any oil, and they come out so tender and juicy. Plus, it’s a really fast and easy way to cook dinner, perfect for busy weeknights. So, if you are looking for an easy and tasty way to cook up some frozen meatballs in air fryer. Ready to try them yourself? Keep reading for the recipe.
What Are Frozen Meatballs?
Frozen meatballs are a convenient and economical way to add flavor to many meals. More commonly made with ground beef, pork, veal, or poultry, they can also be made with seafood or vegetarian substitutes. They are pre-shaped into small balls and typically contain spices such as salt, pepper, and garlic that enhance the flavor of the finished dish.
Frozen meatballs offer versatility because they can be cooked in any number of ways, from simmering in a sauce on the stovetop to microwaving for a quick snack. They can also be added to soups, stews, and casseroles for an easy meal solution. Frozen meatballs offer convenience since they can be stored in the freezer until ready for use. This makes them an ideal choice for busy households or meal-prepping.
In addition, frozen meatballs are typically cheaper than fresh varieties, making them a budget-friendly option. With their ease and convenience, frozen meatballs can help make quick weeknight dinners a breeze.
Frozen Meatballs In Air Fryer: A Healthier Way To Eat!
If you’re looking for a healthier way to enjoy your frozen meatballs, then why not try cooking them in your air fryer? Air fryers are becoming more popular as they use little to no oil and provide a healthier alternative to deep-fried foods. The circulating hot air of the air fryer will create a crispy coating on the outside of the meatball while still keeping the inside juicy and delicious. As an added bonus, since you don’t have to worry about using oil, it makes cleaning up much easier!
Simply preheat the air fryer, add your frozen meatballs, and set the timer. Then walk away – once finished, enjoy your crispy and flavorful meal with minimal effort. It’s a great way to add some variety and flavor to your diet without the added fat and calories of deep-frying. Give it a try – you won’t be disappointed!
Why Make This Recipe?
Frozen meatballs offer convenience, versatility, and affordability. By cooking them in an air fryer, you can enjoy all of these benefits while also making a healthier choice.
This method is great for busy households or meal-prepping needs as it’s quick and easy to do. With the right ingredients and flavor combinations, you can create delicious meals that everyone will love! So why not give air-fried frozen meatballs a try?
How To Easily Cook Frozen Meatballs In Air Fryer?
What you need to make this dish:
- Frozen Meatballs: 1 lb. (454 g), (16 oz./454g)
- Oil spray
- Sauce: 1 cup
Cooking frozen meatballs in an air fryer is incredibly simple, you just need to follow the following steps:
- Step 1: Preheat the air fryer to 375°F (190°C), then add your frozen meatballs (make sure that the meatballs are not touching each other, as this will ensure that they cook evenly), and set the timer for about 8-12 minutes.
- Step 2: Spray oil to cover all the surfaces of the meatballs. Then let them cook until they are golden brown, flipping them over halfway through.
- Step 3: After 8-12 minutes, remove from the air fryer and top with your preferred sauce. Return the basket to the air fryer and cook for another 5 minutes, or until the sauce is thoroughly heated.
- Step 4: Once done, serve your crispy and flavorful meal with your favorite sides or sauces! Enjoy!
The cooking time may vary slightly depending on the size of your meatballs and the type of air fryer you’re using, so check them after 4-5 minutes and adjust the cooking time accordingly.
- Calories: 360
- Fat: 32 g
- Saturated Fat: 12 g
- Cholesterol: 109 mg
- Sodium: 85 mg
- potassium: 434mg
- Vitamin c: 1mg
- Calcium: 21mg
- Iron: 1mg
- Protein: 26 g
Tips for Air Fryer Frozen Meatballs
- To make this recipe even easier, you can skip the step of adding the sauce and simply serve the meatballs with your favorite dipping sauce.
- Cook from frozen without thawing.
- Fill the air fryer basket only halfway.
- If you cook multiple batches back to back, the subsequent batches may cook a little faster.
- If using a larger air fryer, adjust the cooking time accordingly.
Watch Video How To Cook Meatballs in The Air Fryer
- Combine them with pasta and meatball sandwiches.
- Serve as spicy appetizers with some hot sauce on top.
- Cut them in half and place them on the pizza.
- Top with tomato sauce and grated parmesan cheese.
What To Serve With Air Fryer Meatballs?
Suggestions for dipping sauces:
- Sweet and sour
- Honey Garlic
- Grape jelly
Suggestions for side dishes:
How To Store And Reheat Leftovers?
Frozen meatballs can be stored in an airtight container in the freezer for up to 3 months. Leftovers can also be stored in the refrigerator for up to 4 days – simply place them in an airtight container before refrigerating.
When ready to reheat, simply place them back in the air fryer and cook for 4-5 minutes until heated through. alternatively, you can also use the microwave to reheat – just heat for 1-2 minutes, stirring halfway through.
FAQs About Frozen Meatballs In Air Fryer
How will I know when my meatballs are cooked?
Your meatballs are cooked when they are golden brown and crispy on the outside. You can also check their internal temperature with a food thermometer – it should read at least 165°F (74°C). If your meatballs look done but haven’t reached that temperature, you can cook them for a few minutes longer.
Can you cook frozen meatballs without defrosting them?
Yes – you can cook frozen meatballs without defrosting them first. It only takes a few extra minutes for the air fryer to preheat, and then your frozen meatballs will be cooked through in no time!
Can you put frozen meat directly in an air fryer?
Yes – you can put frozen meat directly in an air fryer. Just make sure to increase the cooking time slightly, and check the internal temperature of your meat with a food thermometer before serving.
How do you defrost frozen meatballs quickly?
Place your frozen cut of meat in a resealable plastic bag, squeezing out as much air as possible. Fill a large bowl with cold water and submerge the bag in the water. Change the water every 30 minutes to ensure that it stays cold and continues to thaw the meat.
Frozen Meatballs In Air Fryer are a great way to enjoy delicious meals without having to spend too much time in the kitchen. With their ease and convenience they offer up flavorful, tasty dishes that even the pickiest eaters will love – so give this recipe a try today and enjoy! Sweet Basil’s Cafe wishes you happy cooking!
Frozen Meatballs in Air Fryer
- 1 Air Fryer
- 16 oz frozen meatballs
- Preheat your air fryer to 375°F according to the manufacturer's instructions
- Place frozen meatballs in a single layer in the basket of your air fryer and spray with oil lightly
- Air fry for 10 minutes, shaking the basket occasionally to ensure even cooking
- When finished, top with sauce of your choice. Serve and enjoy!
- If you prefer them crispier, try cooking for an extra 5 minutes. Be mindful that meatballs cook quickly in the air fryer so keep a close eye on them!
- For additional flavor, you can also add spices or herbs to the oil spray before cooking. This will give your frozen meatballs a delicious flavor without adding too much fat or calories.
- You can also pre-cook your frozen meatballs before air frying them. This will help ensure they cook evenly and give you a deliciously crispy crust!