Cyril Lignac’s perfect marinade to obtain perfectly soft caramelized pork ribs. Discover his recipe!
For a change from prime rib, Cyril Lignac offers us his recipe for pork ribs with Cajun sauce, a spicy blend of spices, which instantly transports us to Louisiana. To keep pork chops soft, Cyril Lignac has his little secret. Discover his recipe and all his tips delivered on RTL.
The ingredients for caramelized pork ribs with Cajun sauce by Cyril Lignac
To make this recipe a success, you have to take your time: allow approximately 1 hour 30 minutes of cooking time in total.
- 6 pork chops
- 1 green pepper
- 1 peeled onion
- 1 long green pepper
- 300 g of rice
- 100 g chopped parsley
- 1 knob of butter
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
For the marinade:
- 3 cases of paprika
- 2 tsp oregano
- 1/2 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1/2 tsp white pepper
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1 tsp of garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons of thyme
- 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- A few bay leaves
Preparing caramelized pork ribs with Cajun sauce by Cyril Lignac
To keep the pork ribs very soft, Cyril Lignac makes cooking in two stages : they are first simmered in a deep pan, before passing under the oven grill to caramelize!
- Mix all the spices together with olive oil to make a paste. Salt and pepper the pork chops then brush them with this marinade.
- Slice the onion into strips. Wash and deseed the pepper and chilli, cut them into large cubes. Brown everything in a pan with a drizzle of olive oil. Reserve.
- In this same pan, pour in a dash of olive oil again, add a knob of butter and place the pork chops, brown them on both sides and reserve them on a plate. Place the vegetables back in the pan with the pork chops then pour in some water. Leave to simmer for 1 hour over low heat, covered.. If necessary, add a little water at the end of cooking so that it browns without sticking. Drain and let cool.
- Cook the rice in a large pot of salted water, following the package directions.
- Preheat oven in grill position.
- Remove the pork chops from the pan and place them on a plate, dish or on a baking rack. Brush them with the reduced Cajun marinade-water mixture. Place them in the oven for 10 minutes on each side taking care to coat them well with sauce during cooking.
Once cooked, bone pork ribs. Serve with the rice, sprinkle with chopped parsley and sprinkle with the remaining sauce.