Do you consider yourself well-versed in comic book movies? Do you think your super hero knowledge is all-powerful? Then maybe it’s time to put your skills to the test!
In this post I am serving up 101 questions related to comic book movies. From Marvel and DC to Archie Comics, Dark Horse, and many more, all the comic book characters are covered in this brain-bustin’ quiz!
Whether you answer the questions alone, or as part of a super-group, this is the quiz-a-rama for you! So, get ready because it’s time to see how truly knowledgeable you are.
101 comic book movie questions
01) ‘You’ll believe a man can fly’ is the tagline to which fantasy movie?
02) Warren Beatty, Al Pacino, Madonna, Mandy Patinkin, and Dustin Hoffman all feature among the cast of which 1990 action-crime movie?
03) The 1994 supernatural superhero movie, The Crowis based on a comic by which writer and artist?
04) Who plays the role of Bruce Banner/Hulk in 2008’s The Incredible Hulk?
05) In what year was X-Men: The Last Stand released?
06) In the 1996 action-adventure romp, The Phantomwhat was the name of the villain as played by Treat Williams?
07) Who directed the 1988 cyberpunk movie, Akira?
08) Which of the following actors has not played the role of Frank Castle/The Punisher in a live-action movie?
a) Dolph Lundgren b) Ray Stevenson c) Nicolas Cage
09) Which David Ayer-directed comic book film gave Harley Quinn her first live-action movie appearance?
10) Which American hip-hop duo recorded the song ‘Turtle Power!’ for the 1990 movie, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles?
11) According to its title, what was Superman on a quest for in 1987’s Superman IV?
12) Who voices Miles Morales in the 2018 animated movie, Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse?
13) Who plays District Attorney Harvey Dent in 1989’s Batman?
14) “Don’t call me babe” is a line from which 1996 movie starring Pamela Anderson?
15) KANT GRIL is an anagram of which 1995 sci-fi action movie?
16) Which character links Rosemary Harris, Sally Field, Lily Tomlin, and Marisa Tomei?
17) Which of the following villains does not appear in the 1966 film, Batman: The Movie?
a) Joker b) Mr. Freeze c) Catwoman d) Riddler
18) Which former professional basketball player took on the title role of the 1997 DC Comics movie, Steel?
19) Who directed the 2004 British comedy, Fat Slagswhich was based on characters from the Viz comic of the same name?
20) Complete the film title: Teen Titans GO! To The…
21) True or false: Batman co-creator, Bob Kane, cameos in 1992’s Batman Returns?
22) Which Australian-American actor plays the role of Victor von Doom/Doctor Doom in 2005’s Fantastic Four and 2007’s Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer?
23) Which actress plays the role of Olive Oyl in the 1980 musical-comedy, Popeye?
24) In which Marvel movie does Clark Gregg first play SHIELD agent, Phil Coulson?
25) Zod, Ursa, and Non are criminals from which doomed planet in the Superman movie series?
26) “He’s a friend from work”is a line from which super hero sequel?
27) Which American R&B and soul singer briefly cameos in 2002’s Spiderman?
28) In what year were the movies Captain America: Civil War and Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice released?
29) Who plays the character, V, in the film V for Vendetta?
30) ‘The Customer is Always Right’, ‘The Hard Goodbye’and ‘The Big Fat Kill’ are all chapters in which 2005 crime movie?
31) Jennifer Garner stars in which super hero action movie, which was conceived as a spin-off of 2003’s Daredevil?
32) Steve Trevor, Hippolyta, and Etta Candy are characters from which 2017 DC Comics movie?
33) Who plays the role of Steve Rogers/Captain America in the 1990 movie, Captain America?
34) Andrea Beaumont is the alter-ego of which Batman villain?
35) Put these Marvel movies in order of their release:
has) Blade b) Avengers: Infinity War vs) Man-Thing
36) Who directed 2010’s Kick-Ass?
37) Ace and Krypto are what type of animal in the animated movie, DC League of Super-Pets?
38) Which character does Anya Taylor-Joy play in the 2020 super hero horror, The New Mutants?
39) NEERG TRENLAN is an anagram of which super hero movie?
40) What character connects James McAvoy and Patrick Stewart in the Marvel Universe?
41) Drake Bell, Kevin Hart, Leslie Nielsen, Christopher McDonald, Regina Hall, and Brent Spiner, are among the cast of which 2008 parody film, which spoofs comic book movies?
42) Who is the main villain in the 2013 animated movie, Superman: Unbound?
43) Who plays the role of Josie in the 2001 satirical musical-comedy, Josie and the Pussycats?
44) What is so special about Casper the ghost in the 1995 movie of the same name?
45) Which actor plays the role of Loki in the 2005 comedy, Son of the Mask?
46) First Class, Days of Future Pastand Apocalypseare titles of films in which long-running series?
47) Eddie Valentine, Cliff Secord, Jenny Blake, and Howard Hughes are characters in which 1991 superhero movie?
48) Paul Giamatti plays the role of comic book writer Harvey Pekar in which 2003 comedy-drama?
49) Which horror maestro directed 1982’s Swamp Thing?
50) ‘Hooked on a Feeling’, ‘Spirit in the Sky’, ‘I’m Not in Love’, and ‘Come and Get Your Love’ feature on the soundtrack to which sci-fi Marvel movie?
51) Who plays Gus Gorman in Superman III?
52) What magical word does Teth-Adam utter, to transform himself into Black Adam in the 2022 movie of the same name?
53) Which production company are behind the the 1986 super hero comedy, Howard the Duck?
54) What is the title of the third Blade movie, starring Wesley Snipes?
55) Complete the title: Avengers: Age of…
56) GONAL is an anagram of which 2017 Marvel movie?
57) ‘Higher. Further. Faster’ is the tagline to which movie starring Brie Larson?
58) Who plays the lead role of Al Simmons/Spawn in 1997’s Spawn?
59) Put the following crow sequels in release order:
has) Wicked Prayer b) Salvation vs) City of Angels
60) Who plays the role of Sabrina Spellman in the 1996 movie, Sabrina the Teenage Witch?
61) Who directed 1984’s Supergirl?
62) Which movie has the tagline: ‘Always be yourself… unless you can be Batman’?
63) How many times has actor Marc McClure played the role of Jimmy Olsen in a DC movie?
64) Which of the following heroes does not appear in 2012’s The Avengers?
a) Hulk b) Thor c) Vision d) Hawkeye
65) In which movie does Tom Holland first play the role of Spider-Man?
66) Who directed the 2002 crime drama, Road to Perdition?
67) Fill in the blank: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: The ____ of the Ooze
68) What super heroes links Burt Ward, Chris O’Donnell, and Loren Lester?
69) THANCMEW is an anagram of which Zack Snyder-directed movie?
70) What is the name of the Joker’s number one ‘goon’ in 1989’s Batman?
71) Patience Phillips, Ophelia Powers, and Laurel Hedare are characters in which 2004 superhero movie?
72) Which of the following movies don’t include a cameo from cameo king, Stan Lee?
has) X-Men 2 b) Spider-Man 3 vs) Iron Man 2
73) “You’re not sending me to the cooler” is a quote from which 1997, Joel Schumacher-directed movie?
74) What is the correct spelling for the name of the medical robot in Big Hero 6?
a) Banemax b) Baymax c) Babemax
75) Hulk vs. is a 2009 double-feature animated film, which sees the Hulk cross paths with two Marvel characters. Who are the two characters?
76) Who does Marlon Brando play in Superman: The Movie?
77) The 2005 supernatural movie, Constantineis based on what DC comic book?
78) Who directed 2018’s Aquaman?
79) Which actor connects Fantastic Four, TMNT, The Losersand Scott Pilgrim vs. the World?
80) Who is Batman’s alter-ego?
81) What newspaper do Clark Kent and Lois Lane work for in the Superman movies?
82) What color of Kryptonite features heavily in DC League of Super-Pets?
83) True or false: Electro is the main villain in 2007’s Spider-Man 3?
84) Wade Wilson is the alter-ego of which Marvel anti-hero?
85) Sugar & Spice are henchwomen in which Batman movie?
86) True or false: George Clooney played the role of Batman in a movie before Val Kilmer?
87) Who composed the music for Superman: The Movie?
88) What year was Venom: Let There Be Carnage released?
89) What is the nationality of X-Men actor Hugh Jackman?
90) What Western super hero movie starring Josh Brolin was released in 2010?
91) Who played the role of Lois Lane in the 2006 film, Superman Returns?
92) Colin Farrell played which villain in The Batman?
93) Who played the role of Richie Rich in the 1994 movie of the same name?
94) Ben Stiller, Hank Azaria, William H. Macy, and Paul Reubens appear among the cast of which 1999 super hero comedy?
95) Which character does Michael Caine play in Batman Begins?
96) In the X-Men movies, who is Hank McCoy better known as?
97) Who plays the title character in the movie Morbius?
98) True or false: Wonder Woman has a brief cameo in Shazam!: Fury of the Gods?
99) Who directed 2003’s Hulk?
100) “Thank you for telling me I’m the devil’s bounty hunter”, is a line from which supernatural Marvel movie?
101) Who plays the role of Edward Brock Jr./Venom in Spider-Man 3?
OK, those are all the comic book movie questions; now, to find out how well you did, check out the answers below.
01) Superman: The Movie
02) Dick Tracy
03) James O’Barr
04) Edward Norton
06) Xander Drax
07) Katsuhiro Otomo
09) Suicide Squad
10) Partners in Kryme
12) Shameik Moore
13) Billy Dee Williams
14) Barb Wire
15) TANK GIRL
16) Aunt May
18) Shaquille O’Neal
19) Ed Bye
22) Julian McMahon
23) Shelley Duvall
24) Iron Man
26) Thor: Ragnarok
27) Macy Gray
29) Hugo Weaving
30) Sin City
32) Wonder Woman
33) Matt Salinger
34) The Phantasm
36) Matthew Vaughn
38) Illyana Rasputin/Magik
39) GREEN LANTERN
40) Professor Charles Xavier
41) Superhero Movie
43) Rachael Leigh Cook
44) He’s a friendly ghost
45) Alan Cumming
47) The Rocketeer
48) American Splendor
49) Wes Craven
50) Guardians of the Galaxy
51) Richard Pryor
54) Blade: Trinity
57) Captain Marvel
58) Michael Jai White
60) Melissa Joan Hart
61) Jeannot Szwarc
62) The Lego Batman Movie
63) 5 (Superman I–IV & Supergirl)
65) Captain America: Civil War
66) Sam Mendes
73) Batman & Robin
75) Thor & Wolverine
78) James Wan
79) Chris Evans
80) Bruce Wayne
81) The Daily Planet
85) batman forever
87) John Williams
90) Jonah Hex
91) Kate Bosworth
92) Oswald Cobblepot/Penguin
93) Macaulay Culkin
94) Mystery Men
95) Alfred Pennyworth
96) The Beast
97) Jared Leto
99) Ang Lee
100) Ghost Rider
101) Topher Grace
Thank you for stopping by It’s A Stampede! to read this post about comic book movie quiz questions – I hope you found it useful. For more movie-related content, be sure to check out the recommended reads below.